Tuesday, April 20, 2010

pre-run routine.

I realize that I post a lot of text and not a lot of photos. When I read blogs, I HATE reading a lot of text when there are no pictures. So here's a fun picture-filled post outlining my pre-run routine!

I run when I get home from work, anytime between 5:30pm and 8pm. I find this works best for me right now, rather than creaking out of bed in the morning and rushing to get ready for work.

1. Get in the door. Turn on laptop.

Please ignore the sink full of dishes.

2. Rake through the cupboards for a snack (few apricots, clementine, spoonful of pb) to tide me over until dinner.

Not all at once though.

3. Change into running clothes (aka, pick up stinky running clothes from floor, where I dropped them after my last run).

Eww!

4. If I don't have my contacts in already, put them in. Apply lip chap. Decide whether or not I'm going to wear sunglasses. If not, reapply eyeliner and mascara. This is not a joke. There are a lot of people outside at rush hour!


5. Pull hair into tight ponytail. There is nothing worse than a floppy ponytail mid-run (...hahaha... who am I kidding, I'm not a grandma, I'm a 13-year-old boy). Add headband.

This one is becoming my trademark, I think.

6. Check training schedule for how far to run. Map out route on Gmaps Pedometer.

7. Throw on iPod shuffle.

This baby is worth its weight in gold.

8. Make sure ID is in my pocket, along with emergency contact numbers (what if I get hit by a car people?! Someone has to be notified...).

Feel free to compliment my Paint skills.

9. Lace up sneaks.

So white! Enjoying this while it lasts!

10. Load on hand moisturizer and put on Lululemon running gloves.


11. Glance at clock on stove. Make a mental note to buy a watch.


12. Lock apartment door. Make a mental note to clean apartment door.

Double eww.

13. Turn on iPod, to something upbeat.. oh I don't know, maybe something wildly inappropriate like JC Chasez (MOM! Don't click that! Love you, xoxo).

Nothing gets me hotter than a Sean Paul jacket in the desert. Rawrr.

14. Look down at nasty running clothes and hope that the eyeliner will draw attention away from that stain on my knee. Oops.

The squats are working! Look at those ENORMOUS thighs.. come on people it's the camera angle alright...

15. Hit the road!!

Sunset!

15 steps, 15 minutes. When I get home, I shower, make supper, blog, and relax! Watching t.v. is so much more satisfying when you've already worked out.

2 comments:

  1. hey!
    So I am loving your blog...not sure how I stumbled across it but I'm a fan. I also LOVE the headband. Where is it from? Keep up the running! Let me know next time your in Charlottetown and we're have to go for a run together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KP! The headband is actually from How Bazaar at Peake's Quay. It's double that size but I have it folded over.

    I just creeped you and found out you have a blog. I love it! I also LOVE grocery shopping! I thought I was a weirdo, but I'm glad you share the same love haha

    ReplyDelete