Thursday, April 22, 2010

irony.

I started this post earlier today with the title, "new outlook on food".

Ohh the irony.

Here is what I had typed up:

"I've started making some general changes in my every day diet. I'm trying hard to eat more fruits and vegetables, and reduce my portion sizes (aka, not go back for seconds and thirds if I'm not truly hungry). They are small changes, but my goal is for them to be sustainable in the long run, so baby steps are best.

Today's eats so far, as an example:

Breakfast: oatmeal, ground flaxseed, unsweetened coconut, 1/2 banana; large coffee with 2% milk and honey

Snack: clementine

Lunch: whole wheat pita, hummus, mustard, mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, sprinkle of cheddar cheese

Snack: fat free strawberry yogurt, clementine

Later: apple."

.. and then .. I went shopping.

And then for supper, I ate FOOD COURT CHINESE.

Chinese food is like a drunken tattoo, or flipping off a police officer: it seems like a good idea at the time, but it is ALWAYS a huge mistake. I have never ever left a meal of Chinese food thinking, "Wow, that was phenomenal, I should tell my friends to come here." I always leave thinking, "I am never f'ing eating Chinese EVER AGAIN."

Sigh. I'm currently making a cup of tea to sooth my poor, poor stomach.

Here's what I purchased:

Two dresses..
..a pair of shorts..
..three pairs of socks..
..shades for running..
..and I'm-a-diva shades.

I think I might return the second dress, it's a little big. Speaking of big, this is big, I don't shop often. But I LOVE IT. I'm like a lioness, stalking my prey. 20 dresses in the change room? No big deal. DON'T YOU DARE GRAB THE LAST ONE, IT'S MINE.

Me and my cup of tea are going to go enjoy Private Practice. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment