Sunday, April 25, 2010

powered by glee.

I don't know how I would get through some of my runs without Glee. Seriously. I can hardly contain myself when I'm watching the show, so it's perfect running music. I bought the Madonna songs off of iTunes, and "Just Like a Prayer" got me through the last 2 km. I purposely saved that song for last, and played it 3 or 4 times!

Stats
Time: 47 mins
Length: 7.1 km
Training plan: 7 km
Weather: 9 degrees, windy
Feeling: A little heavy.. must have been all that dip.. oops

I did my BCF dvd workout this afternoon, and it was the first time I tried the Intermediate workout.. and boy did it kick it up a notch. At some points Sammie was being all giggly and "hahaha you have to work and I don't" and I actually yelled, "Shut UP!!" at the screen. I caught myself looking forlornly at my Billy Blanks dvd.. of which I've done exactly twice, because it's all coordination and I was kicking things over. But at least he's HARDCORE and doesn't drop his microphone and then giggle about it. Can you imagine? I know that BCF is just in the baby stages of getting established, but I'm finding the dvd to be disappointingly (is that a word?) low budget, considering the amount I spent on this program.

Blue spandex means business.

I just did a quick Youtube search and found this trailer for the new dvd, which looks more like a real fitness video.. except they mysteriously change clothes and gain a girl.. and the weather changes. I wonder how long it will be before that one comes out!

On that same note, tomorrow night is "Bring a Friend" night, and I'm thinking I'm just going to skip it and do the workout at home. The idea is to expose as many women as possible to this program (can you say free advertising), so the woman who brings the most friends wins 4 weeks of BCF. There's no way I'm going to win because I didn't invite anyone (haha). The room in the community center where the class is held is already full and stinky with the 20 of us who actually paid for the class. And spending 60 mins with some giggly women who have no idea what they're doing is not appealing to me at all. I'm completely not interested in the forced camaraderie that this class offers (I realize this is bitchy.. sorry?). The reason I joined was because I push myself harder when there are other people around.. because I view them as competition!! It honestly wouldn't matter to me if there were guys there or not. I could care less. I know this is not the idea behind the class. I think this makes me a bit of a jerk. I also think I'm okay with that, because I'm starting to recognize what works for me and how I work best. I was like that when I swam too.. not interested in talking in between sets.. we can talk in the change room! I'm trying to stay in the zone here people.

No comments:

Post a Comment