Tuesday, April 20, 2010

endorphins are my drug, and I'm NEVER going to rehab!

Okay, I know that's cheesy, but I was on FIRE tonight! It's been about 7.5 weeks since I started running regularly, and it's so much fun to see and feel my progress! When I started I was panting through 3 km and having to take walk breaks. Now I can pound out double that distance like it's nothing!

I have to admit that my "speedwork" is limited to sprinting for crosswalk signs, but at least my breaks solely consist of waiting for them to change! :)

Stats

Time: 41 mins
Length: 6.6 km
Training plan: 6 km
Weather: 6 degrees, overcast
Feeling: WOOHOO! Let's do 13 km again!!

Jeepers that's a lot of sixes.

Also, last night's BCF workout was great. I FINALLY made it on time, 5 mins early actually, and so I was there for the whole thing. We did a PILE of squats at the beginning, and this was the first time I didn't want to kill the instructor. I love seeing progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment