Wednesday, April 28, 2010

excuse me, what?

...I didn't hear you, I was too busy getting JACKED.

As part of BCF, measurements are taken at 0 weeks, at 4 weeks, and at 8 weeks. For me, Monday would be just shy of 4 weeks, which is when everyone in my class is getting them done. Since I'll be in TO next week (!!!), I had my measurements done tonight.

I'm down 5.25 inches and 3.4% body fat?! In THREE WEEKS?!

Huh?

I am a skeptic. I am a scientist. I don't get excited too easily, until I see the whole picture. So I took a look at the variables: first off, I wore Lulus the first week, which are a little thicker than the capris I had on today. The fat calipers measure millimeters of skin pinched. When they pinch my thigh, they get the fabric of the pant as well. It would be more accurate to do it on a bare leg, but I don't think my instructor would be cool with me stripping for the sake of 2 mm. If I was in a fitness competition, that would be a different story!

So I recalculated my body fat based on 136 lbs (thicker pants ... more weight? lol), same arm and belly measurements (those are done on the skin), and the same thigh measurement as April 7th (24) and got 19% body fat. Also, I didn't drink much water today (so I wouldn't bloat), finished lunch at 1:30pm, and only had 3 dried apricots between then and class at 5:30pm. And before you ask, it was the same person doing the measurements with the same instruments.

Regardless of the accuracy of these numbers, I'm still in shock that there's actually a change. Even though I've noticed that I am getting stronger and my cardiovascular endurance is up, I haven't noticed any physical differences, so I was actually really worried to be measured. I thought for sure that donut I ate at lunch would go straight to my butt. Although, now that I think about it, I'm sort of in between belt holes.. like one makes my pants too loose but the next is a little too snug. That's so exciting! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment