Sunday, June 27, 2010

darren hayes would be proud.

I crashed and burned on Saturday.

I am a passionate person - my highs are really high and my lows are really low. I love life one minute and it's the end of the world the next. I wouldn't live life any other way, but sometimes it is EXHAUSTING. I can't imagine how my family and friends deal with me.. (thank you, you know who you are!).

This week was full of ups and downs. Friday morning (obviously) I was feeling fabulous, but when my 8.5 hour work day turned into 14.5 I was less excited, I just wanted to get the frig out of there and go home. I drowned my sorrows in my homemade hummus... which was a terrible, terrible idea, and probably contributed to my lethargy on Saturday.

I woke up Saturday morning, lazed in bed with my coffee, and then blazed out the door to 108 Yoga for their community class, which was AMAZING. Then I puttered around at the market and picked up some spinach, garlic scapes and nutritional yeast (food blogs are very eye-opening, a week ago I hadn't heard of 2 out of 3 of those things!).

What a green onion would look like if the Mad Hatter stared at it too long.
Garlic scapes are the stalk of a garlic plant; I plan on using them as I would green onions.

Once I got home, I had big plans to go for a run and/or do BCF, and check out some things going on downtown. But once I sat down and ate my lunch I realized that my body was telling me to SLOW THE HECK DOWN... and so I spent the rest of my day in pajamas, alternating between the bed and the couch. Sometimes you just need a day like that.

Now all I have to do is make it through the next three days and then I get to see this guy (aka, university BFF!!!!):

We'll have to see if this "old lady" can break out her dancing shoes for a night on the town. After that, we're heading back to PEI where I will get to hang out with this guy (aka, the love of my life):

December 2008. Would you believe we've been together for almost two years? :)

P.S. Maybe I'll try actually running this week. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment