Tuesday, May 18, 2010

accidental vegetarian.

I don't normally calorie count, but I was curious as to how much I ingest on a daily basis. I know it varies a lot from day to day (not good I know!) and it definitely depends on what I'm doing during the day (working, lounging at home, exercising, etc.). I used this Calorie Counter Database to find the approximate caloric value of the foods I ate yesterday, and the calories are listed below in paratheses. I also didn't include the fat content (that would be far too much work for today!). Bear in mind this is an exceptionally "good" (aka low) day!

Breakfast:
- 3/4 cup oatmeal (225), 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (40), 1 tsp cinnamon (15)
- coffee (15) with 1.5 tsp (50) honey and 1% milk (25)

Snack:
- 1 banana (120)

Lunch:
- 1 PC Thin (170) with black bean/chickpea burger (170) and 2 slices tomato (8)
- cucumber slices (20)

Snack:
- almonds (150) and dried apricots (80)

Supper:
- homemade tortilla pizza: one ww tortilla (150), 2 tbsp BBQ sauce (50), sliced onion (15), chopped garlic (5), spinach (7), tomato (15), artichoke hearts (30), pepper (5)
- soda water with lemon juice (2)

Yumm!
Snack:
homemade cocoa - almond milk (50), cocoa (50), 1.5 tsp honey (50)
8 graham crackers (220)

Total calories: 1737

Exercise: 1 hour Booty Camp workout, ~300 calories

First of all, veggies have like NO calories in them!!! Jeeepers. Who knew?

I was feeling really "snacky" last night and I probably would have been satisfied with just 4 graham crackers. Had I had a box of Oreos in the house I would have eaten the whole box. I'm not kidding.

I also seem to apparently be going vegetarian.. and almost vegan (except for the milk in my coffee.. and honey.. if you care about insects).

Let's just say this day evens out the days when I overeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment