Monday, May 17, 2010

a 65-year fast?

I was surfing CNN.com and I found this interesting video:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2010/05/17/wv.yogi.fasting.cnn?hpt=C2

A yogi has claimed that he has gone 65 years without ingesting food or water, which has prompted a flurry of activity involving scientists investigating his claims. There is currently no proof this is true, but scientists intend to study him and see if there's a possibility that what he is saying is true.

I am 100% sure this man is lying. Every scientific bone in my body is rejecting the idea that this is possible. But yet a little piece of me is intrigued. The most movement the yogi did in the video was blink, or move from sitting to lying down. If it is possible, he must not have moved more than that in the past 65 years, which means he probably didn't have much of a life. There's no way he'd be working, making any offspring, or doing any sort of daily activities while operating on no food and water. The closest I've ever been to nirvana is when I'm moving as fast as I can (see yesterday's post), so I don't know why anyone would want to NOT move for 65 years.

Interesting..

No comments:

Post a Comment