Tuesday, August 17, 2010

wild!

Stats
Time: 41:49
Length: 7.1 km
Training plan: 5 km. oops
Weather: foggy and warm!
Feeling: a little lazy

Another morning run? And going out for lunch at work? Looking like a good day!

I did a lot of soul searching yesterday and combined with reading a lot of this blog (Kelle Hampton is a genius), I have come to a conclusion. Long story short, I've been feeling a little lost in this adult world of bills, jobs, responsibilities, people getting married and having babies.. and I was starting to become a cynical adult.. while still not feeling quite ready for all of it. I don't WANT to be a cranky old person!!

So I'm not. I've decided I'm living in a pixie-dusted fairy Peter Pan world where dreams are like Disney movies (and animals can sing). I will be a broadway star (in my car on road trips) because music makes me feel alive. I will be an an Olympic athlete (blazing down hills way too fast!) because running makes me feel like nothing can touch me. I will cry at inappropriate times because that is how I express joy and excitement and sadness and frustration. I will find joy in the everyday. I will not get mad when people cut me off in traffic.. and through all of this I will STILL pay my bills on time.

I could go on and on about how Kelle is brilliant and how she changes so many lives through her blog.. but I will leave you with this quote:

"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" (quote)

No comments:

Post a Comment