Friday, August 13, 2010

TGIF!

Ice! You know what that means...

Stats
Time: 1:07.31
Length: 10.7 km
Training plan: see below
Weather: cool! I half expected to see red leaves on the trees (BLASPHEMY)
Feeling: surprisingly good for having an empty tummy

I stepped out of the door around 6:25am, and it was like the whole world decided to go for a run. As I opened my door three running MACHINES zoomed by me - men, mid 20s to mid 40s, no fat on them, no fanny packs, no headphones or water bottles to be had... you know they are serious when they have none of that to distract them! - and I thought, okay, this is a good sign!

I am seriously not very good at sticking to my training plan for this half marathon in 2.5 weeks (!!!). I don't have a time goal, can you tell?! I keep telling myself it's alright, I can learn from this experience, I will run it and see what it teaches me (and maybe train with a group next summer!). I was supposed to do 1 x 8km, 2 x 6.5km , and 1 x 14.5 km this week, and instead I did 1 x 7ish km and 1x 10ish km. I sort of feel like a failure for not being more consistent, especially because I'm posting all of this online for all the world to see, but I'm going to try to shake off that attitude and enjoy these last few weeks. At the very least, I have a record of all my runs and can refer back to this as a baseline.. nowhere to go but up, right?

Strawberry Overnight Oats. Adapted from Easy Vegan Overnight Oats @ OhSheGlows.com.

Strawberry Overnight Oats

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup Unsweetened Regular Almond Breeze
1 tsp ground flaxseed


Mix together, cover and leave in fridge overnight. Enjoy post run as a cool breakfast!

P.S. I'm pretty sure I have more than that in the bowl shown above. I'm bad at measuring.. portion control FAIL.


I was listening to a podcast this morning on my run and apparently you're supposed to keep ground flaxseed in the fridge. Who knew?

Now I have to shower and finish packing.. I'm going camping this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment