Thursday, August 26, 2010

chocolate and Shakespeare.

Tuesday I went for a run.

Stats
Time: 40 mins
Length: 6.1 km
Training plan: "taperrrr"
Weather: sunny
Feeling: relaxed. walking breaks were taken.

I'm over this training business. I've regressed the last 5 days or so, eating microwave food, chocolate, and pop (what?!). I literally had a hangover this morning from binging on spinach dip. It was almost as bad as a regular hangover. I'm filthy. Today I at least tried to balance it out with a green monster..

I went to Shakespeare by the Sea with a friend from work last night for her birthday. I've never been, and it was a blast! We brought chairs and a blanket, and good thing we did... it was chilly! Hello Autumn, how are you doing?

We saw, "Treasure Island".

Make sure you stay inside the rope.. the actors run around a lot!!

Awesome location.

It's a little bit of a walk into the park. The SbtS team have a wheelchair and a golf cart to take people into the park who otherwise wouldn't be able to make the walk. What a great idea!

I don't have any photos of the actual performance (not allowed), but it was awesome. It was a modified version of the traditional story, and had lots of modern day references.. apparently scurvy is trumped by "Bieber Fever". The actor that played the Squire was fantastic, a very "blonde", airheaded character. At one point, the Squire whipped out his "lucky cheese"(a fake chunk of parmesan). I could not stop laughing!!

The performance was about 2 hours long with a 15 min intermission, and the concession stand sold snacks, drinks, and rented blankets (another great idea!). The whole performance was by donation (suggested: $15). I would highly recommend it!

___________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, this is what my apartment looks like:


Moving day is Monday, but the half-marathon is Sunday, and I'd like to be mostly packed by then.. it's a good thing I like organizing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment