Tuesday, February 9, 2010

sticky topic.

This might be a little controversial, but I've never been one to shy away from issues because they might ruffle a few feathers.. so here goes.

I used to be staunchly pro-life.

Now that I'm out of my teens I'm more aware that life is not black and white.

I'd love to believe that every embryo has a soul and is a person upon conception. But with statistics like this:

"Between twenty and fifty percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage. The vast majority of spontaneous abortion cases occur during the early weeks of the pregnancy. In most cases, signs of miscarriage during the initial stages of pregnancy are undetectable, and the woman may not even be aware she was pregnant, or that she had a miscarriage."

..how is it possible to mourn the loss of a human you didn't even know existed?

Which bring me to this question.. how do right-wing conservative Christians view vanishing twin syndrome, if every embryo is a person? Cannibalism?

I'm stumped.

1 comment:

  1. www.cracked.com/article_18404_6-shockingly-evil-things-babies-are-capable-of_p2.html

    ReplyDelete