Sunday, March 1, 2009

to save or not to save, that is the question.

This is what waits for me on the other side of grad. Like, waayy on the other side. The Birks I figure will be my grad present to myself, since I'm not planning any big trips, and the backpack will be a summer goal, I believe. My biggest goal for post-grad is to be financially independant from my parents. I have been ridiculously blessed to run into a school that thought I was promising enough to pay for my education, and my parents have been incredible and supported me through this wild ride that is university. I love them dearly and am extremely grateful. As a result, I will graduate with no debt, which is almost unheard of at this day and age. I dream of backpacking, but I recognize that if I am going to be independant, I need to start thinking like an adult and planning ahead. That means a little delayed gratification is in order, and no trip immediately after grad. I will buy the Birks and continue to dream, and start squirreling away money from my summer job. This pains me to say, because I do love a good sale.. but if I am ever going to grace Thailand with my presence, saving will be the goal, I say!

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. ArcTeryx...smart girl. I saw that bag in Edmonton.. and toyed with it for a dog's age.. in the end, I decided.. not until I have a real job...soon,, baby, soon

    ReplyDelete