Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Taylor, BC, and CBC.

CBC Village on a Diet.

From the website:

"Nowhere is this health crisis more critical than in Taylor, B.C. — a small town with a very big problem: over 60 percent of its population is overweight or obese. Collectively, they've vowed to lose literally a ton of weight in just three grueling months. To help motivate and educate them, a die-hard team of experts has come to town, including a doctor, dietitian, chef, psychologist and two of the most hardcore trainers Canada has ever seen. On top of dramatically overhauling their lifestyles, each week the people of Taylor will face tough new diets and fitness challenges that challenge their commitment to losing weight."

I'm alternatively appalled and encouraged. I watched Episode 2 and cried when everyone made it up the hill. But then I went back to Episode 1 and my eyes bugged out of my head when I heard that some of these people don't like fruits and vegetables, or have never cooked vegetables. Are you kidding me?! I know they're in a small town, but.. do they have the internet? Jeepers..

Good for them though. I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment