Monday, August 24, 2009

adjusting.


I've been at my new job for almost three weeks now. It's going really well - there are some great people here that are helping me learn the ropes and are very patient with all my questions! I have my own desk (hel-lo adult job) and computer, a locker, a parking pass, a pension, health benefits, vacation, and pilates twice a week, at work. I really can't complain!

I'm currently living at home, until September 1st when I move into my new apartment!!!!! It took me a while (I viewed around 15 in person, and looked online for ages). It wasn't that I couldn't find a place - on the contrary, there were many available. I was being very selective, because if I don't like where I live, I feel like that is the basis for a shaky relationship with this city, and since I've been hearing good things for a while, I wouldn't want to mess it up early. Plus, my parents are very generous in extending their hand of welcome, and have been great about helping me move, allowing me to stay with them, and store all of my boxes at their place!

This apartment is beautiful, and so far the landlord is great! The apartment is the first floor of his house, and it was renovated last year. It's a one bedroom that includes a washer & dryer, dishwasher, fridge, stove, 9 foot bar/island, built in wine rack (on the island), and a jacuzzi tub. The living room area is cosy (no dining room), and it opens right into the kitchen, which I can't wait to get my hands in and start cooking and baking. I'd love to post before and after photos of when it's empty to when I have all my things arranged in it. That's another thing - I didn't realize I had so much stuff until I (..okay, Mom and I!) had to pack it all! I will (should) be spending this week sifting through the array of boxes and sorting what I need and what can be donated or thrown out. I managed to get rid of a lot before I moved, but somehow, a girl accumulates a lot of stuff in 4 years! Who knew?

In other news, as soon as I get myself arranged in the new place, my good-looking, hardworking bf is coming to visit me! That's by far the toughest adjustment about moving.. now being one half of a couple in a long-distance relationship. His birthday is next Wednesday, and so I've got a few ideas up my sleeve. They'll stay secret for now..

1 comment:

  1. pilates at work?? what a life! I hope you have your desk decorated with cute pictures and lots of stationary, glad its going well! xo

    ReplyDelete