Friday, September 14, 2007

living every moment.

I love travelling.

That being said, I haven't been very far. I've travelled throughout Eastern Canada, and dipped into the melting pot that is the USA a few times. In terms of the World, however, I haven't seen very much.

Anyone that knows me knows that I would love to travel after I graduate. I feel that Asia is calling me; I feel drawn to the countries Indonesia, Thailand, and India. I have a desire to get to know the people, the culture, the religions, and the problems that people face there. I say it frequently.. come to think of it, so frequently that I must remember to thank my roommates for their never-ending patience.

That being said, I struggle with staying in the present, and living each moment today, instead of focusing on the future and plans that I have for further on in life. I realize that with planning for the future comes the danger of escaping the present, and I more than anything, I don't want that to happen. Who knows how much longer I have on this great earth? The last thing I want to do is miss out on the present because I'm stuck in the future!

While trying to stay in the present, one thing I've noticed lately is that the area I'm living in is not as ethnically stagnant as I had originally thought. I realized last night that I have been in contact with people from a variety of different countries lately, and that excites me, because that means I have an opportunity to learn about different countries and different cultures without having to leave this place. Don't get me wrong, I'm taking off once I'm done school, but for the moment, it's reassuring to know that I don't have to feel obligated to leave in order to be exposed to different cultures.

So, for the moment, I will focus on school, and learning what I can from the experiences that this place is providing me. Who knows what else it has to offer? I can't wait to discover it!

No comments:

Post a Comment