Wednesday, July 28, 2010

totally worth it!

Stats
Time: 48:47
Length: 8.0 km
Training plan: 8 km
Weather: gorgeous!
Feeling: I AM A CHEETAH

Tonight was one of those nights where I wish EVERYONE IN THE WORLD could feel exactly what I was feeling!!!

..oops. Wrong Nirvana.

At the beginning of my run, a medi-helicopter landed on top of the IWK when I was running past. This is the second time I've seen one, ever, and this gave me a boost right from the beginning. Some days when I don't want to run, I think about people who physically can't.. and then even though I might not be thrilled to run, I run because I CAN. God gave me these legs and I'm gonna use 'em!

I've finally reached the point where I can listen to spoken words when I run and not just music, without it drastically decreasing my time (I use music as my boost!). I was listening to some comedy podcasts on my iPod shuffle, and I think I'm a fan of this because I smile and sometime laugh at what I'm listening to. Then I think about people driving by and looking at me smiling, and maybe that will want to make them run. Is that silly? Maybe. I'm just trying to share the love!!! Seriously. For all the times I don't have a great run, or I'm over tired and underfueled, all of it is worth it for these absolutely perfect moments of endorphin rushes, the feeling at the end of a run when you just feel so powerful and alive and you never want it to end. I literally felt like I was flying!! I couldn't bear the thought of heading indoors just yet, so I did some extra sprints at the end. It was wonderful!

It kind of felt like this. But not a BAD explosion. More like ridiculously LARGE beams of light busting my heart open. With JOY!

P.S. Congrats to two special people in my life. You know who you are :)

P.P.S. I totally spent 100 bones on groceries tonight. Organic produce is nasty expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment