Monday, September 28, 2009

goals.

My brain feels like a big pile of sludge.

It's expanding, but not in a good way. I keep filling it with junk, the mental equivalent of stuffing your face with chips and McDonald's all day, and all I am getting is a sludge of junk where my critical-thinking, question-pondering, awed-at-the-miracle-of-life brain used to be. It's shocking how easy it was to slip into this routine of work 8(ish) to 4:30, eat, tv, sleep, get up, repeat.

MY BRAIN IS DYING.

So here's my plan: GOALS. If I learned anything in school, it is that nobody gets anywhere without goals. And this really is the perfect time - I have boatloads of free time, and my commitments are limited to, like, doing my own dishes.

Goals for October:
- Read the biography of someone I find inspiring
- Go on a road trip to somewhere I've never been before
- Try and stay focused at work; a good day's work makes my outlook brighter
- Explore the history of the area in which I'm living
- Find somewhere to volunteer on a regular basis
- Exercise (cardio) three times a week *sidenote: I do pilates at work twice a week, so hopefully this combo will get me back in the game!*
- Try one new recipe each week (baking, cooking, or a new smoothie or shake)

Also, I wasn't joking about that earlier post. I am currently drinking my last glass of wine (sigh.. I really do love red wine!). More and more I am realizing that if I want to have children in the future, the decisions I make today are going to affect my kids more than when I actually start trying to get pregnant. Good habits take time to form.. so I should get a head start! I actually saw a pregnant woman smoking today. I didn't think that still existed.

1 comment:

  1. Fun fact for the day: Did you know that Nova Scotia was the first province to threaten separation from Canada?

    -helen.

    ReplyDelete